For a short break, we travelled to Bournemouth. We took accommodation at Park Central Hotel which cost us Around INR 7000 per room per night.
Places to visit
- We started with Boscombe Pier. The view of the sea and beach in the surrounding was beautiful. You can also do cycling on the path along the pier linking to the Christchurch road. We wandered in Boscombe Chine Gardens along the sandy beach. Warm Sunday evening made it lovelier. Our kids loved the wet play area and basketball court. Later we ate at the Harvester Restaurant with a sea view. They had a small bar area too. We also played golf there.
- The next day we had breakfast at the Reef Encounter. The food was very fresh and delicious. Then we visited the Hengistbury Head Visitor Centre for a half day trip. We bought a lot of souvenirs there. The visitor center is very informative.
- Our kids ride the land train at the Vesuvio beach. We had beers while watching the scenic view of the beach. We visited the St. Peter’s Cathedral and had coffee at the shop nearby. It is an old Victorian church and is in dire need of restoration. They have leaflets containing all information about the church. As it was lunchtime, there was a concert and a sandwich bar.
- We watched a standup comedy show at the Carls Comedy Club. It cost just $5. We also attended a carnival of lights at the O2 academy of Bournemouth. It was an absolutely fabulous night.
- Don’t miss the Italian food at Rosie’s Mediterranean Cafe. Alum Chine beach is perfect for a lazy stroll. The snack bars and restaurants in the beach area are quite pocket-friendly.
- We ate south Indian dishes at the Salt N Pepper Indian restaurant. The taste was very authentic.